Monday, September 7, 2015

08-31-2015

So this week was a pretty freaking awesome week!!! 

It started out pretty slow, but got really really good really fast!!! 

So as you all heard, last week we had the opportunity to be visited by an Apostle. It was so amazing!!! He came, and had some other people talk, and then he ended, but just let us ask him questions. It was awesome!!! 

The question that had the coolest impact on me was when an Elder asked "How are we to be born of God?" Elder Christofferson then went into this super long and in depth explanation. But in the end was the part that really had the impact on me. He explained that to be born of God is to Be Baptized, Receive the Gift of The Holy Ghost, and then CONTINUALLY repent for our sins. But, he then went on to explain the Plan of Salvation. He explained that we must be bore physically first, that then we are to later be bore of God. So his question was, "what is more important, Physical or Spiritual Birth?" Well he said neither, they are equally important! With one there is not the other. We need them both. 

So the part that struck me was not so much about the whole baptism part, but more so the importance of women in the plan of God. Yes, I knew they were very very important, and that without them we would be nothing, but I don't really know. It just hit me really hard, and made me want to make sure that I am the most awesome kick butt husband and Father when I get there. Because without a wife, or women, the Priesthood that I hold would be 100% absolutely Useless!!! 

So that is what I learned from him. 

Other than that we had a really good week. We found a really awesome family that we have been looking for, for about 2 weeks. They were a reference we received, but have not been home. We found then late on Saturday night, and we able to get to know them. They are a family of 5, but had one of their Daughters pass away about 2 months ago at 10 years old. She is a single mother, and has 3 more small ones at home. Granted they are not that small. They are 15, 14, and 8. But they are just she sweetest people that I have every met. Her name is Abigail, and she is awesome. She has so many questions, but want to learn, and is looking for God in this hard time of her life. 

So the crazy for the week. 

I ate a live worm thing!!! We went over to a family, and they had bot them for who knows what reason. But we went over, and they were like, "you have to eat one, my 7 year old did!!!" ... So what did we do? Well of course we ate them. They were not actually that bad, and didn't really have a taste, they just were weird to think about it. (Hope my future wife doesn't ever find out, because she probably wouldn't kiss me after knowing that!) I will sent the pictures of the bugs! 

So that is about all for this week! I love you all so so much, and pray for all of you! 

Con Mucho Amor, 
Elder Mason Millar






No comments:

Post a Comment