Wednesday, July 8, 2015

06-29-2015

Hello all, 

So the last week was pretty uneventful, but at the same time a very busy week. 

So starting out on Tuesday we had our zone conference with President, and it was super awesome. He talked all about why we need to follow the rules exactly. He really focused in on waking up at 6:30. It is a mission wide problem, and I will not lie, I had gotten a little lazy in the mornings, BUT since the conference I have been way better, and have seen the difference in my days. 

So after the conference the three other elders in the branch were not feeling well at all, so I went with Elder Muir to his house, and studied while he slept while the other two who were feeling a little better went and work a little, and then rested. While I was studying I got the chance to read a talk by Elder Bednar, and Holy Wow!!! It was such an incredible talk, and since I have read it and marked it almost to the point that you can't read it. The talk is called "The Character of Christ."

I would highly recommend that you read it, and will include a word document with the talk. It was incredible!!! 

So The next event that was really really awesome was our trip to the Visitors Center at the Temple with three of our investigators. It was such a wonderful experience, and they learned so much. We went with Erik, Daniela, and Yasmin. They are the three young investigators that we are teaching, and it was their first time to go to the temple. They were so intrigued, and actually started to cry while we were watching the video talking about how families can be forever, and talking about how every family has problems. It was really special to see!!!

On Saturday in the morning I had an interview with President, and he shared with me a really cool section of Doctrine & Covenants. Section 84 and we were talking about the covenants of the Melchizedek Priesthood. The three things we are to do to receive our promised blessing from God are in verse 33, 43, 44.  In these three verse are the things we have to do to receive what we have been premised from God, Which is his kingdom, and eternal life!!! 

So this weekend was also our Stake Conference, so we had meetings Saturday night, and Sunday at a different time. They were really good meeting, and there was a lot of stuff talked about in how to be better members of the church and help more people.

This week we also had a real birthday, and my comp completed 1 year in the mission, so we celebrated with a member at here house, and in the end they both had cake on their faces. One was thanks to me!!! No, Not my comp, the member. I am not that mean to slam my comps face into his cake, but I will slam our mission moms face into the cake!!!

I love you all, and hope you all have a wonderful week!!! 

Con Demasiado Amor!
ELder Mason Millar

Oh, and I got a new haircut last week. To tell you the truth I don't really like it. It is a pain to take care of, but whatever. I am on the mission and no one cares how I look!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment