Wednesday, March 25, 2015

03-24-2015


Hello all,

So sorry for not writing last week. I was a little busy, and ran out of time to get a mass email written.

But yes, I am still alive, and breathing. 

So this last week was another week of changes for me. I was not expecting to be changing areas, but what do you know... Another new area for me!!! This has now been four areas, and four companions in just about 5 months in Mexico. 

So on Tuesday morning we had changes, and I found out who my comp was. His name is Elder Huallanca, and he is from Peru. He has 9 months in the mission, and our new area is now his second. We were assigned to work in Campestre 1. This area is right next to my last one, but is only a small branch with only about 70 people that assist every week. This is the first branch that I have been in, and is actually the area where the members actually do the best job at their callings, and want to help the most.

So because both my comp and I are new to the area, we have just kind of been walking around the area for the past week. Trying to do the best that we can, and trying to meet, and know members. It has been a struggle, and we wake up every morning and look at each other and say. "Quien Sabe!" 
Which means "who knows" when we are trying to figure out what to do for the day. Other than this everything else is great. We spent the first three nights in the house just cleaning because the elders before us just kind of destroyed it. I have yet to even try and clean the fridge, because it is disgusting. And we finally got a new iron today because ours was kind of a goner. (I will include a picture)

On the day of transfers I forgot my bag of toiletries on the taxi, and by doing this lost my retainers, so last night I spent the night at President's house so I could go to the dentist today. So most of the day was spent with President, which was really cool! It was a good opportunity for my comp and I to be able to get to know him a little bit better. I also got the opportunity last night to practice the piano for close to two hours last night at his house. Man was that so wonderful, and his piano sounded absolutely incredible!!!! Being at President's house was really cool though. It is about on the level of Doc's house for those of you who know, and this morning he made waffles. It kind of made me miss home just because it felt like I was at home!

I also had the opportunity last week, and this week to go to both Costco, and Sams Club with President and his wife. That was one of the weirdest things I have done in Mexico. Because they are American companies they are identical to the stores in America. It is really really weird walking through them because honestly the only thing Mexican in them are the words. 

Other than this, not much has happened this week. 

Know that I love you all, and you are all in my prayers. 

I would love to hear from all of you next week!!!

Con todo mi amor,

Elder Millar









NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment