Sunday, November 9, 2014

11-06-14

Hello all,

Wow, did the MTC go by fast or what? Six weeks gone like that. The days felt like weeks, and the weeks felt like days. It is weird how much I have grown looking back on the last five and a half weeks. The MTC is an absolutely incredible place, that I can't wait to get out of!!! There are so many good things about it, and I am just glad that they outweigh the bad!
 
I have learned so much while being here, and have been told that I will learn even more when I get out into the field. I know that it is going to be hard, but it is exactly what I need to do, and it is what the Lord wants me to do.
 
So this week there was not a whole lot that went on. We taught all of our "investigators" for the last time and started to wrap up with everything else that we have to do. It is kind of surreal to think that we are actually going to leave. When we first got here it felt like it was going to be an eternity spent in the MTC, but nope. We were wrong.
 
My companion was finally able to get his crown finished after four visits to one of the worst dentists I have ever visited. Over the last three weeks I had to sit in the waiting room of a dentist while my companion had his mouth destroyed for probably about ten hours. I am grateful for the time that I had though. I was able to read a lot in the Book of Mormon and write a lot of letters. I am glad that he was able to get it all fixed before we had to leave for Mexico.
 
I have already started packing and can't believe how little it looks like I have, but it has to last me for two whole years. All of the other districts are sad that we have started packing and I know exactly how they feel, because we have all had to go through the exact same thing when the other elders left two and four weeks ago.
 
The gospel is true and the Lord works in simple ways, but his simple ways can and will make huge changes to the lives of people just like us. I can't wait to get down to Mexico on Monday, but am also so nervous because I feel like I don't know any spanish. 

The Lord will help me and everyone else because he loves us. 

The Gospel is true, and God wants the best for us all.

Con Mucho Amor, 
Elder Mason Millar


No comments:

Post a Comment