Wednesday, December 17, 2014


Wow, was this week an eventful one!!!!

So starting last Monday after I had to leave, the 4 missionaries in my area went out and got pizza from Pizza Hut. It was wonderful, but not the same as in America. After this we had a district meeting and then went out and worked. 

Starting Tuesday is where the craziness begins. Driving in a combi (small taxi/van) to a zone meeting at about 9 in the morning, we are rear ended by a car. This car was doing about 60 mph and we were doing about 25. It was a pretty solid impact, and of course we were in Mexico and none of the cars have seat belts. Both my companion and I smacked out heads pretty good and were really sore the next day, but we were in a pretty big combi and nothing happened to it. The car that his us though was completely totalled and the two passengers in the front seats hit and broke the windshield. It was pretty nuts. 

Then on Wednesday we had the mission Christmas party. This was a lot of fun. We started out with a devotional and then had a talent show. The talent show kind of turned into a joke though. There were a bunch of elders, (The ones from the Dominican Republic) that were just being dumb and ruining it for the rest of the missionaries. But whatever. After this we had lunch and then played sports or watched Frozen. I decided that I would watch the movie, because you don't get to do that on a mission. It was so funny when Elsa changed when she was singing Let It Go. All of the elders went nuts!!!! It was really funny. 

Thursday was a normal day of work and nothing really exciting happened. But Friday we weren´t allowed to work. It was the Day of the Virgin for the Catholics, and it was not safe. So I bought Monopoly and the four of us played it 6 times. 6 times is was to many times to play Monopoly in one day. But is was fun. Friday was really hard though, because we all got homesick because we weren´t allowed to do work. It was nice to have the break though. 

Saturday was also another very interesting day. We didn't have anything planned because we didn´t work of Friday, but we had a ton of lessons. We didn't have a lunch appointment because the sister wasn't home. So we had an hour and a half that we just walked around. We went and sat on these stairs that were like super tall, and were sitting there for about 15 minutes and then four guys came and started to smoke weed in front of us. They started talking to us and then they had more friends show up. By the end (about 45 minutes later) there were seven of them, and they all had a lot of question about the church. It was so crazy. They were there blazing up on the fattest joints that I have ever seen, and asking us question about the church.
Later that night we were walking home, and someone yelled at us, so we stopped. At first we thought that he was going to come and rob us, but then there was a girl that was following him. He came and was talking to us about how his friend didn't believe that there was a god, and asked us a bunch of questions to help her understand that there is one. About this time I watched both of them put their hands up to their noses and sniff. Yup, they were huffing. (sniffing glue to get high) But he then looked at us a asked us to give her a blessing. It was kind of weird because it was just on the edge of the street, but Jesus gave blessing in the street, so why can't we! 

And yesterday was just a normal Sunday. It was busy and we had 5 lessons, but is was just a normal day. 

The Spanish is coming along well, and my companion is so much better that my old one. 

Thank you all for the letters and have a wonderful week. 

Love you all so much,
Elder Mason Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment